Privacy Browser PC is currently an alpha release. Users are encouraged to read the Handbook (press
F1 inside the program). As described in the roadmap, it is currently missing some important features, but it is provided for download as some features are already usable and testing and feedback is appreciated.
Privacy Browser is part of Debian, and can often be installed in Debian-derived Linux distributions. Direct downloads are also provided below or you can browse the release directory. These files are signed by my GPG key: Soren Stoutner <email@example.com>
24A5 4DDB 2354 6679 5CA8 E23E C2E7 CB27 AEB0 B603.
Privacy Browser currently only runs on Linux. A Windows-compatible version will be added in the beta releases.
0.5 – source, source signature – deb, deb signature – released 12 October 2023
- Add bookmarks.
- Add zoom controls to the status bar and a default zoom shortcut.
- Add keyboard shortcuts for the URL toolbar actions.
- Add an action to view page source.
- Change the domain settings combo boxes to list
- File downloads can now show the size before the download begins.
- Add PIE (Position Independent Executable) compiler flags.
- Fix a bug that sometimes allowed multiple domain settings to be created.
- Fix the download notification not being cleared on Xfce.
0.4 – source, source signature – deb, deb signature – released 13 June 2023
- Add a setting to control spatial navigation.
- Add an action to reload and bypass cache.
- Fix a crash if one Privacy Browser window is closed while a tab within it is loading.
- Add keyboard+click commands to the Handbook.
0.3 – source, source signature – deb, deb signature – released 8 May 2023
- Add the changelog to the Handbook.
- Add the missing current domain settings icon on Gnome and Xfce.
- Make changes to build on Guix.
0.2 – source, source signature – deb, deb signature – released 17 April 2023
- Fix a crash on GNOME when downloading a file with local storage disabled.
- Fix problems with missing icons on GNOME.
- Display an animated favorite icon while a webpage is loading.
- Fix the Handbook on non-KDE systems.
- Change the order of entries in the WebEngine context menu.
- Make spellcheck languages easier to click on.
- Only generate a HTTP ping dialog if the request is made by the current tab.
- Add a section to the Handbook about HTTP pings.
0.1 – Source, Source signature – Deb, Deb Signature – Released 11 March 2023
- Initial release.