Privacy Browser PC is currently an alpha release. Users are encouraged to read the Handbook (press
F1 inside the program). As described in the roadmap, it is currently missing some important features, but it is provided for download as some features are already usable and testing and feedback is appreciated.
Users can download Privacy Browser from Debian, currently in the experimental repository. Direct downloads are also provided below or you can browse the release directory. These files are signed by my GPG key: Soren Stoutner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
24A5 4DDB 2354 6679 5CA8 E23E C2E7 CB27 AEB0 B603.
Privacy Browser currently only runs on Linux. A Windows-compatible version will be added in the beta releases.
0.3 – source, source signature – deb, deb signature – released 8 May 2023
- Add the changelog to the Handbook.
- Add the missing current domain settings icon on Gnome and Xfce.
- Make changes to build on Guix.
0.2 – source, source signature – deb, deb signature – released 17 April 2023
- Fix a crash on GNOME when downloading a file with local storage disabled.
- Fix problems with missing icons on GNOME.
- Display an animated favorite icon while a webpage is loading.
- Fix the Handbook on non-KDE systems.
- Change the order of entries in the WebEngine context menu.
- Make spellcheck languages easier to click on.
- Only generate a HTTP ping dialog if the request is made by the current tab.
- Add a section to the Handbook about HTTP pings.
0.1 – Source, Source signature – Deb, Deb Signature – Released 11 March 2023
- Initial release.